Christine O’Donnell’s latest gaffe is an undeniable blow to the G.O.P:
In the spirit of this pre-Halloween treat, here is a list of ten pop culture witches who would make a better candidate choice for Delaware’s senate seat than Ms. O’Donnell.
10. The Witches of Eastwick- fun, fabulous, and connected with gypsies, tramps, and thieves (also known as lobbyists)
9. Sabrina Spellman- a little green, but certainly a people pleaser.
8. Witch Hazel- can take a political beating. And the lady knows how to cook.
7. Hermoine Granger (the Harry Potter reference everyone expects)- Ms. Granger’s mudblood ensures her support of social justice and civil rights.
6. The Blair Witch- already skilled in the use of scare tactics
5. Ursula the Sea Witch- would devise a jazzy platform against off-shore oil-drilling
4. Grand High Witch (the Roald Dahl reference no one remembered)- she’s the leader of all witches on Earth. That certainly gives her sparing cred with Nancy Pelosi.
3. Sarah Jessica Parker (no, not her character in Hocus Pocus)– anyone who can sell ethnic insensitivity at her level of box office success can’t possibly fail in the legislative branch, right? (Rand Paul).
2. Wicked Witch of the West- a technophile (flying monkeys) with her fiscal wits (ruby slippers) about her. Also, a family woman.
1. Endora- because at the end of the day, aren’t all congressmen Darrin Stephens?